Thursday, December 17, 2009

Brunch at the Biltmore

A couple of weeks ago we ventured off to the Biltmore in Santa Barbara for the best brunch of my life. We went as our ritual six some of Lauren, Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Luis, my parents, and me. It was such a beautiful hotel and Lauren and I were mesmerized by the real Christmas tree that looked over 15 feet tall- as you can imagine, it smelled amazing. Even more impressive was the food!! I am a bit of a gourmand myself and I made the most of our outing. I won't list everything I sampled- that would take up the entire space of this blog- but I did try my first bite of caviar! A bit salty but I'm glad I tried it all the same. I have to say my favorite was the Belgian waffle and mini-creme brulee. So delicious. Also- it was wonderful celebrating Lauren's 18th birthday and my mom's "?" Birthday. They are born on the same day so we have always made the occasion twice as special. Happy birthday to two amazing women!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Brunch at Biltmore
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: