Sunday, February 24, 2008

R.I.P. Rudy Soto

The past couple weeks have been a struggle for myself and the Soto family. Evan's beloved Grandpa, Rudy, had suffered from a severe stroke and recently passed away to be with the Lord. We spent many days and nights at the hospital by his bedside and I was glad that I had the chance to say goodbye to him. He was like a grandpa to me and Evan loved him like a second father. He was the rock of their family and he was such an inspiration to us all. He came to every single one of his grandchildren's games and I never will forget all the mornings that Evan and I attended church with him and his dear wife, Gracie. They had been married for 56 years and Rudy was 80 years old. I admire their relationship and I admire his faith in God. We attended the Celebration of Life yesterday and I feel blessed that we could honor such a special man.

Click to play Rudy
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

No comments: