Saturday, May 24, 2008

Presidential Inaugeration

On Thursday night I was officially inaugerated as next year's ASB President. It is such an honor for me to represent my school in this way and I'm looking forward to the experience. This year's ASB President, Alex Castillo, showered me with plenty of interesting gifts that somehow related to ASB (even kitty litter). It was a wonderful time to remember the memories and look forward to next year. I've attached my speech so that you could see what I had to say that night!

Good evening everyone. We all know that ASB stands for Associate Student Body, however when I reflect on the past year a new definition of ASB comes to mind. “Always Staying Busy” seems to be a perfect fit when considering the hours spent with MORP, Renaissance Rallies, and Air Guitar. We have utilized our time with the utmost efficiency and the student body has benefited because of this. I have had some wonderful memories and I’ve made life long friendships that I will always treasure. In this past year, I have seen the endless possibilites that leadership provides and I have seen immense growth in each and every one of you. You have inspired me with your individual talents and it will be such a privilege to serve you next year as your ASB President. I promise you that I will continue Foothill’s success with my motivation and of course, my organizational skills.
I would not be standing here without the companionship, loyalty, and trust that I shared with my fellow ASB friends. I have to admit that high school has provided some challenging times, but these have been trials short lived thanks to all of you. It was with your friendship and encouragement that I discovered the meaning of determination and self confidence. I can honestly say that ASB has shaped me into the young woman that I am today and it has enabled me to become a braver and more compassionate person.
I have never seen such dedication to a school, and I have never experienced such enthusiasm from sixteen year olds. I’m proud to say that our class put judgements aside and truly bonded. Whether it was playing flag football at Arroyo Verde Park or walking laps in the wee hours of the morning at Relay for Life, we had a powerful team that has been unstoppable and unbreakable this year.
I have to give a special thanks to the senior class. I will be a senior next year, which can be a bit overwhelming at times, yet these students have been the role models that have shaped a huge part of my life. Mitchell, Allison, Emily, Emily, Kerri, Amanda, and Max, you have served Foothill with a compassion that is undeniable. Destiny, you have helped lead the class with dignity and your strength motivates me. And Alex, you have been a best friend to me and a wonderful ASB President. We have shared some great laughs and I know that I have big shoes to fill when you go to Chapman.
To everyone that served in ASB this previous year, I commend you on all of your accomplishments and I congratulate you on a job well done. You have become some of my best friends and seeing you during ASB every week has been one of the highlights of my year. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of students to work with, and it is such an empowering feeling to be surrounded by the brightest and kindest students of Foothill. And to the incoming class, I am greatly looking forward to working with you. Our theme next year is to “Get Into the Game” and I know that will be possible if we are willing to take risks, trust one another, and most importanly, have fun. I can’t wait for next year and I have a strong faith that the strides made this year will only continue in Foothill’s future. Thank you.

Click to play ASB Ceremony
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: