Friday, November 13, 2009

Al Gore: Our Choice

I had such an amazing night last night! I saw Al Gore speak at the Saban Theater in LA and he was excellent. I went with my Chi O sister Parisa who is the sweetest and most welcoming girl. We had so much fun talking and getting to know each other and I loved hearing all of her stories about her year long study abroad trip to Paris. Al Gore spoke about his new book, "Our Choice" in which he discusses new forms of energy storage, collection, and conservation and he also stressed the importance of our generation making a difference RIGHT NOW. I'm going to do as much as I can do help the environment- the little things do add up. Even eating less meat is helping the environment; I learned that the production of meat produces more methane gas and pollution than cars do! It is crucial that we remain aware and active and I was so thrilled that I had the opportunity to see Mr. Gore share his knowledge with me. I definitely want to rewatch "An Inconvenient Truth"- I feel like I would have a whole new perspective. It was great that we were each given a "free" copy of his new book- which he signed! YAY! Also, being in LA, I was sitting next to the actor Chris Kline from American Pie and Just Friends- but of course I played it cool and acted like he was just a regular joe...we can't feed these stars egos you know...
Also, yesterday was my roommate Christina's birthday and I'm happy to say that she had a great day. My other roommate Sindhuja was so great and bought her balloons from Westwood and we woke Christina up at midnight to sing "Happy Birthday" and give her the balloons and card. Also, we enjoyed a delicious chocolate cake that her mom had sent to her! I'm so blessed to have such great roommates and I'm glad that we have fun together. By the way, mom, if you're reading this, Christina's mom sent her a cake...hint hint...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Al Gore
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: