Saturday, March 24, 2007

Reach for the Stars Event

Also while I was in Fresno, I attended the Reach for the Stars event. It was at Tephite middle school. I was given the oppurtunity to inspire underprivileged children and encourage them to always have hope. The kids asked me a lot of questions such as "How has the pageant changed your life?", "Are you more confident now that you have had the experience?", and "Who is your hero?". All of these questions were great, and I felt blessed to have the experience. The students were all so kind and I felt extremely welcomed. The kids even made a castle painting with our pictures in it- it was so cute! After the "interview" I sat down with my fellow sister queens and we signed autographs for the children. They really enjoyed that!! I felt like a celebrity, signing all those papers and then having two local news stations there! Ron, the man in charge of this event, did a fabulous job and it is wonderful that he cares so much about his students.
After the event, we went to a delicious Armanian lunch. Ron then took me to visit his sponsors. I went to a flower shop and then a bakery. That was really neat because I was given a special tour of the factory and received some yummy treats after I left. Then, I was on my way back to Ventura! What a fun trip!

No comments: