Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Santa Barbara Relay

Last weekend I volunteered at the Santa Barbara Relay where it was an extreme honor to welcome all of the survivors and help them register for a great day of relaying! I shook every single hand and I told them congratulations on their fight against cancer. I think this event was the most moving and touching thus far. To hear my mom speak as a cancer survivor and see her walking the survivor's life was somehow life changing and it made me appreciate my life all the more. I think one of the things that I have gained most from these relays is a deeper appreciation for my mom and life in itself. I really love my platform more and more with each passing event and I feel blessed to be able to have so many opportunities to support such a great cause.

Santa Barbara Relay
powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: