Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Relay for Life 2009

Well, I just finished my 3rd Team Captain experience with Relay for Life. I have a nice cold from it (hence why I have so much time to update my blog). Relay wasn't too easy this year: the weather was pretty gloomy and there was no free food- which was actually a big deal for a lot of students. However, despite these setbacks, our team was quite successful. Foothill raised over $25,000 and I was honored as the Top Fundraiser for the second year in a row, raising over $9,000 personally. Also, I was awarded as the Volunteer of the Year and they have decided to name the Youth Service Award in future years as the Lauren Cook Service Award. I want to thank all of those that donated and supported Relay for Life- we could never have done it without you all. Thank you!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Relay 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Susan said...

Lauren,
You have truly been a huge contributor to the success of Relay for Life since your involvement in the committee. Your hard work, dedication, leadership skills and passion for such a great cause have not only been greatly appreacited but have motivated and inspired many. I for one will miss you tremendously next year on the the steering committee and wonder how we will manage without you. The Volunteer of the Year award and naming the youth award for future youth volunteers after you was an honor to do and I'm so happy to have been able to be a part of that. I wish you all the best and have no doubt you will succeed at everything you do. Good luck and please try to drop me a line from time to time.
Take Care ~ Love, Susan Esparza