Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Week at UCLA!

Well, it's official! I'm a UCLA Bruin and I feel a little bit of everything. Excited, scared, and more than anything- overwhelmed! As I write this, my classes have already started and I already have so much reading! (About 100 pages a day!). I am so grateful for my AP high school teachers who helped prepare me for this time in my life- I could never have done it without them.
Anyway- I think this has been the longest week of my life. Last Sunday, September 20, 2009, I ventured off with my parents to college. It was an epic moment in my life and I day I'll never forget. The days leading up to it were so difficult and it was so hard saying goodbye to my best friend, Lauren, Evan, my many friends, my grandmas, and my beloved Kiko. I was so nervous as we arrived at UCLA and I was constantly holding back tears throughout the whole day. My parents helped me settle into my room which has now become my own little space and it when it was finally time to say goodbye I could barely stand it. As we shared a slice of Dupar's berry pie, I was so sad to see my parents leave me. My mom dedicated a song to me that I have been listening to every day since. I will never forget the moment I watched my parents walk away- such a difficult separation but I know it will make us even closer.
The first few days were so hard. We were so busy participating in the student activities fair, UCLA's world record breaking Volunteer Day, and many other events. It has been quite the adjustment; getting used to all the food (UCLA has the second best food in the nation for dorm food but it's still not the same) and living in a dorm. My roommates are really great and we all get along so well. God really blessed me in that sense. I really feel so prayed over and I feel comforted to know that I have people praying for me- I feel the love!
I'll keep you updated on my adventures! For now I have so much homework that that is really all I have time for! College is SO different from high school!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: First Week at UCLA!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: