Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chi Omega Girl!

This past week I participated in Rush to be in a sorority. There are 12 sororities on the Panhellenic council and over 600 girls were rushing this past week. On Monday we had our orientation and after that we were so busy with our various events! On Wednesday we went to seven of the houses and on Thursday we went to the remaining five houses. All the houses had decorated their house so beautifully with their unique themes and we were interviewed by some of the girls from each house. I can't tell you how much water I was served with some fruit in it- strawberries, lemon, you name it! On Friday, we had Philanthropy/House Tour days and I visited seven houses. The houses are beautiful and it was so fun to see what they all look like- it is quite a way to live! On Saturday, it was entertainment round and we visited five houses. Each house did a special skit and showed a video of everything their sorority means to them. On the final day, Sunday, we had preference day. All the girls sing to you and it was a beautiful experience. I pledged Chi Omega and I nervously awaited throughout Sunday to find out if I was invited into the house. I had loved the preference ceremony earlier that day where we were crowned with the Greek crown with rosebuds and we lit candles to express our unity.
After much anticipation...I was so excited to find out that I was going to be a Chi Omega girl! I'm SO excited! I have already met so many wonderful girls in the chapter and I know that this is the place I'm meant to be in. When we found out we ran over to the house and we were showered with hugs and welcome wishes. We were given our new bags and t-shirts and we boarded buses to head to Bucca de Beppo's in Santa Monica. My owl pal (the owl is our mascot) Jillian was so fun to talk to and we had fun dancing on the bus together.
Last night we had our first Monday night meeting in which we were initiated as pledge members into Chi Omega. We had to kneel on the floor, sign a special booklet, and recite a pledge. We were also given our flower (carnation) and received our pledge pin and necklace. We had a lovely dinner after and we were interrupted multiple times by different groups including fraternities. I was given a rose from my friend Josh and I thought that was so sweet!
We had a raid tonight out on the town but unfortunately I was unable to go because of all my schoolwork. I'm so excited about this new experience and I'll keep you updated!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: RUSH
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: