Thursday, April 22, 2010

UCLA Relay for Life

This past weekend was UCLA's Relay for Life. I have been doing the event for the past four years in high school but I had never done a college relay before. It was definitely a different experience but just as enjoyable and just as meaningful. My dad and grandma were so great- they arrived the morning of to help set up our Chi Omega campsite- we definitely had the best campsite on the track! We had 10 girls on the team but we had a lot more Chi Omegas come by and keep us company. I heard so many touching stories throughout the day and it made me appreciate how fortunate I am to have all my family still alive today. It also reminded me that you should never judge others because everyone has a personal story that you never know about until they tell you- there is a reason for why people are who they are and why they do the things they do. This year was especially touching for me because I was reminded of how thankful I am to have my mom in my life; I am so thankful for her health and well-being. Chi Omega did such a great job fundraising- we raised over $7,000! I believe that was 3rd place at the Relay! Definitely the best Greek House at the Event! You go girls!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: UCLA Relay
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free slideshow design by Smilebox

No comments: