Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sacramento Relay

Last weekend my mom and I drove all the way up to Sacramento for a Relay for Life. Though it was not fun getting up at 4:00 in the morning and driving 12 hours round trip; I still had a great time talking with my mom on the drive up and back. She told me so many stories about when she was my age- and I must say, it is quite entertaining. We get along great! The relay was a bit of a disappointment. Some relays are called "babies" because they are just starting out in their community. There's not always as much of a turn-out, but the important thing is that it is getting started. We also went to the capitol; which was gorgeous! Even though I've lived in California my whole life, I had never seen it before. I was hoping to see our governor, but I think Mr. Schwarzenegger was busy. Heehee! What a great day!

Sacramento Relay
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: