Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ASB Training

As the new ASB President it was my responsibility to host and plan ASB training. Our theme this year is to "Get into the Game!", so it was a sports theme which was perfect considering the Beijing Olympics. My mom and I bought amazing decorations and the room looked great! We played a ton of fun icebreakers. We played tug-of-war, quad kickball, huggy bear, the toilet paper game, and the water bucket carrying game. That probably sounds like gibberish to anyone who's not in ASB- but it was a ton of fun! We had a great business meeting and everyone was really focused and respectful. I am working with an amazing group of students who are hard working, funny, and kind. I am in for a great year!
After the "training" portion of the event (which included poster making and project planning) we had even more fun! We played sardines, Murder in the Dark (it's not violent, I promise), and freeze tag. Later that night we all headed over to my house for a pool party and sleepover. I couldn't believe that I had 25 students in my home! I didn't mind, but I'm thankful that my dad was okay with it! We were up till 4 am so I'm a little tired. I'm grateful that the event was such a success and I'm looking forward to a great year!

Click to play ASB Training
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: