Monday, March 22, 2010

Lauren's Karate Tournament

This past weekend I attended Lauren's Tae Kwon Do Tournament- she has been doing it for over 12 years and this is the first time that I've actually gotten to see her do her thing! She is a fourth degree black belt (she had the highest ranking amongst all the other girls there). She did an excellent job on her form- she got third place- but she at least deserved second place. She also did a great job in sparring and in her free form routine with her boyfriend Travis. It was so much fun to watch and I was so impressed with Lauren! It was especially entertaining because Lauren is the sweetest girl I know and I've never seen her look so determined and serious! She is strong and she means business! (No pepper spray necessary for her!). Later in the day we had the best time hanging out and having a girls' day together. We had fro yo and tacos and we sunbathed in my backyard for a bit. We baked peanut butter whoopie pies which were absolutely delicious and we had the best time just chitting and chatting. I am so blessed to have her as my best friend and I know it will stay that way throughout our lives. I'm so proud of her and I'm so glad that I could finally see her kick and chop and hi-yah!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Lauren's Karate!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

No comments: