Monday, March 22, 2010

Ruth Chris Dinner to Celebrate!





Last night I went to Ruth Chris Steakhouse (my favorite restaurant) with my parents to celebrate the completion of my second quarter as a freshman at UCLA! I'm so excited that I got straight A's this quarter! Last time I was there was a year ago to celebrate my acceptance into UCLA- so much has changed since then! I'm so happy at UCLA and I'm so glad that I made the right choice. I love being in Chi Omega, Relay for Life, and the campus atmosphere in general. It is such a beautiful place to go to school and though the transition was difficult at first, it showed me how strong I am and how independent I can be. I have gained more confidence as an individual and I feel more courageous in pursuing my goals. A year later I am still working toward becoming a motivational speaker and majoring in psychology. I am so happy and I want to keep enjoying and making the most of every day!
As for dinner- it was absolutely the best! I've stopped eating red meat but I still enjoy it occasionally- I had a few bites of my dad's fillet Mignon and my mom's rib eye- heavenly! (Especially when it comes in sizzling butter haha) I ordered a delicious lobster bisque, corn pudding, and my favorite- sweet potato casserole (it tasted like pumpkin pie!). As for dessert, I had a little carrot cake and cheesecake- which is the best I've ever had- absolutely fantastic! It was such a celebration and I'm so glad that I have such amazing support (financially and emotionally!) from my parents. Looking forward to another quarter of fun adventures!

No comments: