Saturday, May 15, 2010

Walk for Wishes



This morning (at 7:15 no less) I walked with my sisters at the Make-A-Wish Foundation fundraiser, Walk for Wishes. Because this is the Chi Omega national philanthropy, it was very important to me that I participate. This cause is something truly special and it was a huge deciding factor as to why I wanted to join Chi Omega. I love what the organization stands for; as someone that has been touched by cancer, I love that the Make-A-Wish foundation takes a tragic situation and makes light of it by granting the wish of not just the child, but the family that suffers from a cancer diagnosis in the family. Whether it's a puppy dog, a day with Miley Cyrus, or swimming with dolphins (which is a gift that our house sponsored for a boy) this organization changes lives and makes lives better than they were before. I am hopeful that our house will get even more involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and that girls in our house become more aware of what the organization stands for. My good friend Shelby has served the organization for years and she has taught me so much about the program. We had a great time walking and talking this morning and the event was extremely well planned. They had so many food vendors- the P.F. Chang's chicken lettuce wraps at 10:00 this morning along with the truffles was a nice touch!

No comments: