Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life Goals

I have been working diligently this summer on achieving some of the life goals that I've set out for myself. I've found that life is much more fulfilling if you are working toward something and I've discovered that I love the feeling of setting a goal for myself and then actually accomplishing it. As I mentioned earlier, I've written 355 goals so far but here's the ones that I've accomplished.

#1: Sing in the high school talent show. This was amazing! With this goal, the results are more than I expect. I used to sing and perform all the time and then I got a bit of stage fright. Yet I decided that before I graduated from high school, I wanted to sing in our outdoor concert called "Air Guitar". I sang "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston and to my shock and amazement, my performance went pretty well! I actually won 3rd place which was such a pleasant surprise!

#37: Plant, eat, and grow a garden. Look below on my blog for more details on that one!

#200: Pass all 3 of my AP tests! This is my most recently accomplished goal- as of yesterday in fact! You see, I was terribly frightened to take AP Calculus AB this past year- in fact, I took statistics at the college to try and weasel out of it! However, my counselor said that if I wanted to get in UCLA, I would definitely need to take it. With the help of my tutor and studying under an excellent calculus teacher, not only did I get an A both semesters- I got a 4 on the exam! I was shocked! I thought I might not pass (which is a score of 2) and I thought I'd be lucky to scrape by with a 3 (which is just passing). I'm ecstatic! I also got 5s (the highest score) on my AP English and AP Government exams. Woo-hoo!

#201: Graduate #4th in my class. I did it! Might not be valedictorian- but 4th in 220is good enough for me!

#206: Win Girl of the Year. If you go to Senior Awards Night blog post you can read about it there.

#220: Vote in an election. This is huge privilege for me and I will never take this freedom for granted, no matter how small or insignificant the measures may be. I voted in California's special election and it was such a great feeling to actively participate as a citizen of this amazing country!

Goals I'm Working On This Month:
#2: Raising and hatching a chick. This has been a difficult goal for me to accomplish. I've already tried once and unfortunately, none of them hatched. I cracked them open and two were just egg yokes but one was a fully developed chicken! I couldn't believe it! Yet, with that miscarriage behind me, I've already started a second batch! My dad has decided that if they hatch, and if one is hen, we will keep her and name her Heidi! I'll let you know on my progress!

#49: Watch Top 100 AFI Movies. I've watched about 20 so far, so I've got a long way to go. I just watched "Saving Private Ryan" and that was quite a movie. Now, Citizen Kane here I come!

#71: Read entire Harry Potter series. I just finished the 5th Installment: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

#123: Read the Success Principles by Jack Canfield. I read a little bit of this book every day and it has been the driving force behind my goal setting and positive growth. It's an excellent read!

#173: Watch surgery performed. I'm trying to get my mom to help me out on this one!

#205: Get CPR Certification. I've already completed the course- I'm just waiting for my card to make it official!

That's all for now folks!

No comments: