Monday, July 27, 2009

UCLA Orientation

A week ago I went to my UCLA Orientation! It was quite a crazy experience; it was exciting, overwhelming, busy, and fun! When I arrived I checked into my dorm room and I met my counseling group based on the business economics major. One thing is for certain- I will no longer be majoring in business economics! (Way too much math, thank you very much!) We heard a lot of lectures on the first day. They welcomed us and informed us about how to work with professors, how to handle stress, and how to make safe, healthy choices at school. Later that day we went to a mini-college fair where we were introduced to various clubs and groups on campus.
On Monday we attempted to design schedules for ourselves. This was so difficult since there are hardly any classes left! At this point I'll be taking an Italian foods and literature class, a GE Cluster based on gender, and a Life Science ecology class. It may change though- I'm still trying to work out a few kinks. In the later hours (around midnight) we went on the Carpe Diem scavenger hunt where we looked all over the campus for clues and had to take pictures at each pit stop- we didn't arrive back until 2:00 am! It was still a great experience though and I'm so glad that I did it!
On Sunday we went on a campus wide tour and our guides told us legendary stories about the campus. They told us that out of all the stories- one of them would be a lie. They told us stories about moving an entire building, dead bodies, and Jimi Hendrix's locker filled with acid stamps. Well, I bought up each story with a silver spoon- it turns out that NONE of them were true! I was sooo disappointed- what a freshman! We also got "Bruintized" where we touched the famous fountain. Now I can't touch the fountain until I graduate or I will be cursed! Such stories...
I had such a great time and I met a lot of fun people. I can't believe that I can officially say I'm a Bruin now!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: UCLA Orientation
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: