Monday, July 6, 2009

#37: Summer Garden

This past year I have continuously set life goals for myself- I'm up to 355 goals so far! One of my goals was to plant, grow, and eat from a garden. And I'm excited to say that I have recently done just that! It has been the perfect bonding experience for my dad and I and we have spent time every day nurturing our garden. I planted Hungarian wax peppers, another kind of pepper (not sure of the name), flowers, corn, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, and tomatoes. Our garden is growing like crazy- especially the tomatoes- and it's so much fun to check on the progress every day. Unfortunately our most recent problem is a little bunny that has a liking for the broccoli leaves. Knowing my dad, the little creature probably won't be around for long now! Anyway, the zucchini was my first successful "crop" and I decided to make zucchini bread to complete my goal. That was such an exciting first bite! It was also great making loaves for my family and friends; they all thought it was such a neat gift. I can't wait to continue with the garden!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: My Garden
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: