Monday, April 2, 2007

Crowning Glory Pageant

The other weekend I attended the Crowning Glory Production's pageant. Coming from Ventura, it was especially exciting to see the four new winners. There was a miss and teen competition for four titles: Miss and Teen Ventura County and Miss and Teen Greater Conejo Valley. Sammi Riddle and Ashley were the two miss winners and Lace Granatelli and Allison Soto were the two teen winners.
Connie, the director of the pageant, did a fabulous job. She and her husband, Marty, are currently "Director's of the Year" and I feel so privileged to come from such a wonderful pageant family. It was so sweet of them; they gave Mary, Rebekah, and me each a beautiful stone saying our titles on it. I love it!
The pageant was amazing- great set, great people, and great fun! Hilary, my former sister queen, hosted the pageant and she did a fabulous job. She was given a special President's Award for all of her community service during the pageant- I was so proud of her!
I got to speak at the pageant- which I was a little nervous about it- but I did it and once I started, I felt very comfortable. The pageant was at the Civic Arts Center so there were a lot of people there. I spoke about my platform, the International pageant system, and I gave special recognition to Crowning Glory Productions and my director, Eddie.
It was also an honor to crown the two new teen winners. I was especially excited to do this because Lace and Allison are good friends of mine. I competed with them at state and we have gotten to know each other really well. I'm sure that they'll do a wonderful job at state. Connie also honored Hilary, Courtney, and me as our year as Ventura titleholders came to a close. What a wonderful experience it has been and I look forward to many more fun times to come!!

No comments: