Monday, April 30, 2007

Santa Paula Relay

This past weekend I volunteered at the Santa Paula Relay for Life. Thanks to National Charity League, I was given the opportunity to work at the registration booth and get everybody excited and ready to participate. My mom also helped and I must say- we are quite a team. She's a ton of fun to work with and she can bring a smile to anybody's face with her enthusiasm. We also got to walk a few laps around the track and I helped my aunt run her booth. There are a lot of cancer survivors in my family (my grandma, my aunt, and my mom) and they were all there with me on this special day. I left for the Agoura Relay a little later that day, but then I came back to Santa Paula to speak to the relayers about what they can do to prevent cancer along with telling them about my personal story, while sharing with them the importance of hope. More importantly, I conveyed the message of appreciating every moment of your life and to truly enjoy spending time with those closest to you. Afterward, my dad and I walked the track and it was very beautiful watching the track light up with luminary bags. Each person was given a candle and we all gathered together to experience a touching luminary ceremony. It was an amazing day- one that I will never forget!












Santa+Paula+Relay
powered by Smilebox
Make your own | Click to play

No comments: