Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Finals in Chicago

Saturday was the big day! We had a long day of rehearsal that made me feel so sad! I realized how much I was going to miss all the girls and I didn't want to go! We were all sad and there were definitely some tears shed.
When finals came, I was feeling very nervous. After we did our opening number it was time to announce the top ten. Actually, it was a top 11 because there was a tie. I was announced number 10 so I thought I wouldn't make it because I was called so late. Yet when I did, I was absolutely thrilled.
I was so anxious in fact that when I was supposed to get in my interview suit, I put on fun fashion! Once I did get in my interview suit, I prepared to answer my on-stage question. I feel like I did pretty well. I then modeled in fun fashion, aerobic, and evening gown. After that, it was time to announce the winner. Although I did not win, I was able to place 3rd runner up, which was exciting. Out of 36 girls, 4th place is pretty good! Miss Teen Ohio won Miss Teen International; I know that she will do a great job with the title.
After the crowning we all went to the Coronation Ball, which was a blast! We all got to eat ice cream sundaes and dance the night away. It was our last hoorah before the end of our trip and it was definitely bittersweet.
**By the way, if anyone is reading this blog feel free to leave comments!

Finals Night
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

1 comment:

bek said...

Lauren,
you made me soooo proud, you were amazing on stage! I just know God has amazing things in store for you. This year has flown by and I am grateful to have shared it with you. Your "big" sis - Rebekah