Sunday, July 1, 2007

Baldwin Park Relay

After the Cerritos Relay, my mom and I headed off to the Baldwin Park Relay. Although this one was slightly smaller, there was still the same amount of enthusiasm. Something special about this relay was the amount of children. There were so many and they were all very eager to participate! After meeting some of them, I got on stage to speak. I spoke about cancer prevention and I always share my personal story. I also talked about my experience in my hometown with relay- where our team raised close to $9,000!!!! Yay!
After my speech, I signed autographs for the children- that is always fun! Also, I was asked to do a radio shout out. They told me that they would be playing it all night! I said, "Hi, this is Lauren Cook, Miss Teen California International, and you're listening to DJ Emz's"! That was quite exciting! Too bad I don't live in Baldwin Park- I would have liked to hear it!
This was an awesome Relay and furthermore, an awesome day!

Baldwin Park Relay
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: