Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday in Chicago

Today was another fabulous day! I went out to breakfast with my aunt and mom, which was a great start to the day. Afterward, I just relaxed in the hotel and prepared for orientation. I couldn't believe it when I heard a knock on my door and there stood a bellman with a beautiful bouquet of flowers! It was from my director- who is simply the best! What a sweet thing to do; I love them so much!!!
Orientation was the perfect kick off to this pageant week. I got to meet so many beautiful, intelligent and kind young ladies who are equally enthusiastic about their platform- which is fabulous! We all donated our Saint Jude's hospital school supplies. I went with a Disney theme; so all of the supplies I brought were decorated with Mickey. (That was my favorite when I was a kid). We were adorned with gifts: a water bottle, camera, t-shirt, teeth whitener, make-up, facial products, jewelry, magazine, and a book just to name a few! Wow! Mary Richardson, the director of the International system introduced the staff and the reigning Miss Teen International, Jade Kenny, gave a lovely speech about her platform and the commitment involved with the International pageant system. Afterward, all of the contestants got to meet each other and introduce each other. I had the privilege of introducing Miss Teen Arkansas, Brooke. Interestingly enough, we both are ballet dancers! She was very sweet and I also got to sit next to Miss Teen Colorado. All of the contestants seem very sweet and warm; I feel very blessed to be in such a distinguished atmosphere. We went over so much information and discussed the upcoming week in great detail. I'll be sure to update you tomorrow!

Day Three
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: