Monday, July 30, 2007

Thursday in Chicago

Thursday was a nerve-racking but thrilling day. I began the day with a make-up session for my interview. My interview began at 10:30 and I definitely had the jitters. I wore a beautiful Jovani suit that my director got me. The judges were all friendly and female. I was excited because two out of the five judges had been American Cancer Society volunteers. It was nice because before interview we all prayed together. (I definitely have prayed a lot this past week!)
I felt like my interview went well, but alas it goes by so fast! After interview I headed into a long day of rehearsals. However, during rehearsal I got to meet the most amazing girls and make friendships that will last forever. I wish that they lived here in California!!
After rehearsal, the time had arrived for prelims. I felt like I did fairly well; we did aerobic wear, fun fashion, and evening gown. I had fun competing and surprisingly, I wasn't that nervous. It was so nice to have all my family and friends there. They are an amazing support system and I love them all so much! I got to go out to dinner with the Beltran family and it was so nice to finally relax!

Day 5
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: