Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hiking and Flying in California

Yesterday was a fabulous day! I spent a lot of time with my parents and I think that we really enjoyed each other's company. To begin the day, we went for a hike in Arroyo Verde Park- which took two hours. It was really hot outside, but I still enjoyed being out in the great outdoors. I saw all kinds of lizards and butterflies and it was truly a beautiful day. Later that evening, I went for a helicopter flight. My dad is a pilot and going up is always a treat! We flew over the coastline during sunset- it was one of the most gorgeous things that I have ever seen. The water was so crystal blue and I felt so blessed to live in the beautiful state of California. We also flew over Pepperdine, which is where I REALLY want to go to college- the campus looked amazing! We landed on the helopad in LAX airport and then we went in the International terminal for dinner. It was interesting to see so many cultures and I found the experience to be inspiring. It was an out-of-this-world day and I'm so glad that I'm a Californian!!
California!!
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: